5.04.2005

Purdue Visit

Thoughts on my visit to Purdue:

Night sky... so dark with so many stars... breathtaking.

The students... hm, not to sure. Most seem like high school students. Not all that intimidating once I got used to them.

Campus... Ginourmous. 80% chance my office will be in the nano building which is in the middle of the Ag. buildings and the Vet schools. Pets and Plants... two of my favorate things :-)

Research... fairly straight forward... we will see if I can work some magic.

Advisor... good stuff :-)

My new place... Also good stuff... Nice little three bedroom apartment for two people. 760 a month so somewhat expensive and far from nano building... Above the efficiency of a cute swimmer girl ;-) Good landlord but she gave me the hebbie-geebies. Nice quiet neighborhood.

Roommate... definately going to be a change of pace :-) Going to be good though :-) anticipating a very homie feel.

The town... West lafayette doesn't exist. Lafayette, very typical Midwestern town.

Indiana... god I hate it.

Future... weary... research is entierly experimental and I would like to get some theoretical work to help getting a professorship. Also, classes seem kind of eh. May be taking a math course, a fluid mechanics course, and a microfluidics course... We will see if I can convince him to let me take all of them at once :-D Looking forward to Qualifiers!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats Craig! =)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home